Boyer Valley Company, a manufacturer and marketer of processed poultry by-products is accepting applications for Production Operators at their facility in Worthington, MN. Currently hiring all shifts with full time opportunities available. Benefits include health, dental, vision, paid holidays, 401k with company match, paid time off, and education reimbursement upon qualification.
High School Diploma or GED required.
A pre-employment drug screen and physical are required.
BVC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply online at www.boyervalley.com
PURPOSE: To process raw material into a quality finished product and to assist various areas within the plant while maintaining efficient production processes according to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) in order to meet customer specifications.
• Operate production equipment under the supervision of the shift supervisor.
• Monitor gauges related to times, pressures, and temperatures.
• Monitor product flow with respect to smooth and unrestricted movement of product through the entire system.
• Ensure all quality standards are met.
• Log pertinent information into log sheets at appropriate intervals.
• Operate pallet jack and skid steer.
• When necessary, sample product in accordance with established sanitary methods and procedures.
• Clean equipment/machinery and all parts of the plant using high pressure air and water, brooms, and scrapers which may involve the use of enzymes, caustics, acids, and sanitizers.
• Maintain a clean work area including proper care and storage of tools/equipment.
High School Diploma or GED certificate required
Previous work experience in agriculture, production, or manufacturing preferred
• Ability to work safely and be quality conscious.
• Ability to prepare and operate all machinery.
• General knowledge of production/manufacturing methods.
• Ability to read gauges and record data in a legible manner and in accordance with established procedures.
• Ability to learn to handle inedible protein materials in accordance with established sanitary procedures and practices.
• Ability to understand and follow established work procedures, including mandated sanitary and safety guidelines.
• Ability to read, write and comprehend instructions.
• Ability to operate skid steer/pallet jack.
• Ability to work varying work schedules.
• Ability to communicate in oral and written form.
• Ability to interpret and work from oral and written instructions.
• Ability to perform basic math skills.
• Ability to move freely throughout plant with sustained physical/mental effort to climb, sample and clean equipment and work areas.
• Ability to remain calm and professional at all times.
• Knowledge and experience with preventive maintenance programs.
• Ability to troubleshoot malfunction and situations as they arise, notifying appropriate staff of problems beyond scope of normality.
• Ability to cooperate with all staff.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to work daily, weekends and overtime as necessary.
• Ability to assist in all work areas.